The following information is a resource on divorce and family law in the Province of Alberta. You can find general information, divorce professionals, divorce forms and support. In addition to the resources listed below, you can find more help and information in our divorce article section (coming soon).
- Divorce Law: Questions and Answers
- 10 things you need to know about child support
- Parenting After Divorce-Resources for Parents
- Final Federal-Provincial-Territorial Report on Custody and Access and Child Support
- Child Support Guidelines
OTHER GOOD SOURCES OF INFORMATION INCLUDE:
- The Family Law Information Centre Law Courts Building
- Alberta Family Law Booklets
- The Alberta Maintenance Enforcement Programs
- For scheduling parenting times and responsibilities http://www.ourfamilywizard.com
THE FAMILY CENTRE
Education Services Course Schedule (780) 917–8205
PARENTING AFTER SEPARATION SEMINARS(PASS)
In Alberta, PASS is a mandatory 6 hour course that helps parents understand how divorce affects them and their children.
To register for a PASS workshop in Edmonton call (780) 413–9805.
FOCUS ON COMMUNICATION IN SEPARATION (FOCIS) BROCHURE:
FOCIS is a six-hour, skills-based communication course for separated or divorced parents of young children who are experiencing conflict or communication problems with the other parent.
The FOCIS program is designed to improve communication skills, thereby reducing ongoing conflict and improving long-term outcomes for children.
Call Family Justice Services for dates and times.
Edmonton (780) 644–5092
Elsewhere in Alberta (403) 340–7187
Dial 310–0000 first for toll free access in Alberta.
There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.